Healthy Protein Cookies
No protein powders! With a secret ingredient that gives you a delicious soft cookie!
- 2 cups oat flour blend oats in a blender/ food processor until it forms a fine flour
- 1 can chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 2 egg whites
- 2/3 cup natural peanut butter OR nut/seed butter of choice
- 1/2 +2 Tbsp cup granulated unrefined sugar of choice coconut sugar, xylitol, raw sugar etc.
- 2/3 cup nut butter of choice OR seed butter OR grass fed butter OR coconut oil
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract or powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- -Use natural peanut butter
- -1/4-1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks to stir into the batter OR place on top
- -Use tahini INSTEAD of nut butter
- - Optional: 1/4 cup sesame seeds to place on top of cookies
- -Use almond butter
- -Add 1/4 cup crushed almonds
- -Use cashew butter
- -add 1/4 cup chopped medjool dates
- -Add 1/4-1/2 cup raisons to batter
- - Add 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- -Add1-2 tsps cinnamon
Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line and grease a roasting tray.
Place the chickpeas in a food processor and blend until smooth. Place all other ingredients EXCEPT chocolate chips/crushed almonds/raisons/medjool dates ( if using any of these) inside and combine well.
Stir through the chocolate chips etc. with a spoon. Roll mixture into balls and place on the tray. Press down using fork forming a cookie shape
Bake in the oven until golden brown ( takes between 11-15 mins). I like mine slightly underdone in the middle, so my advice would be to bake it for 11 mins, then if you prefer them a little more done bake for an extra few mins.
Allow to cool slightly before storing!