“Personal Information/ information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable
individual. This may include your name, email address, date of birth, credit card details and address.
“you, your, yours” means the data subject, the person to whom the Personal Information relates.
- are accountable for and processes Personal Information in compliance with the conditions and principles governing its lawful processing;
- collect Personal Information for specific, explicitly defined and lawful purposes and do not further process Personal Information in a manner incompatible with the original purposes;
- only process Personal Information that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purpose of the processing;
- process Personal Information transparently to you, in a fair manner that does not infringe your privacy;
- do not process Personal Information unless it is lawfully justified to do so. Where we rely on the justification of consent, the consent you give us will be indicated by a clear affirmative action expressing specific, freely given consent, provided by an unambiguous indication of your wishes;
- collect Personal Information directly from you unless it is permitted by law to collect the Information from other sources;
- will inform you of the purpose for that collection when collection Personal Information directly from you;
- when it is permitted by law to collect the Information from other sources, we may do so. For example, we may collect information from social media websites when you use your social media credentials to log into our service;
- take appropriate measures to safeguard the integrity and confidentiality of Personal Information and to prevent its loss or damage, unlawful access and unauthorised destruction;
- by written contract, bind third parties processing Personal Information on our behalf, to establish and maintain appropriate security safeguards as well as comply with the principles set out in this policy;
- provide timely notification to you and data protection authorities of a compromise of your Personal Information;
- process Personal Information transparently and takes reasonable steps to we keep your Information accurate and up to date;
- permit and assists you in accessing your personal information and corrects or deletes Information that is inaccurate at your request;
- assist you when you object to us processing your Personal Information;
- retain Personal Information for the periods required by law, contracts with third parties or reasonably required for business purposes, but not for any longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which the Personal Information was originally collected and processed;
- avoid processing Special Personal Information, Account Information and children’s information unless necessary and authorised to do so. Where we do collect Special Personal Information from you, we will get your separate, specific, freely given consent, provided by an unambiguous indication of your wishes;
- will not use Personal Information for unsolicited electronic communication, or automatic decision-making, without your consent;
- only transfer Personal Information cross-border to jurisdictions that effectively uphold the principles and conditions governing the protection of Personal Information established in the Republic of South Africa, alternatively if the data subject has consented to the transfer.