Low Calorie Protein Apple Pie Muffins
Serving 1 muffin: Calories: 90 | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 4g
- 1 cup vanilla pea protein powder 108g (It has to be pea protein, whey protein will not yield the same texture)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped apples cubes (125g)
- ¼ – ½ cup granulated sugar of choice 60g-100g (I used erythritol – depending on your sweetness of your protein powder, you may need to add more/less)
- ¼ cup peanut butter or nut butter of choice 63g
- ¾ cup almond milk 200ml
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Coat a 12-count muffin tray with cooking spray OR muffin cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients above and combine well.
- Scoop the mixture into the muffin pan making sure each is around ⅔ full.
- Bake for roughly 10-12 mins until the skewer comes out clean.
- Allow muffin tray to cool before removing doughnuts and placing additional toppings.
- Add a sprinkle of crushed nuts over each muffin
- Recipe as is
- Add cranberries or raisins to the batch
- Top each muffin with some rolled oats or granola
- 1 tsp grated ginger to the mixture
- Add a sprinkle of desiccated coconut on-top of each muffin
Store in an airtight container to preserve freshness!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!