Chewy Chocolate Brownies
Chewy brownies anyone? These also happen to be nut-free and flourless!So funny story how this recipe happened. I ran out of almond flour, and was craving some chocolate brownies. Didn’t have any nut butters either, so decided to improvise. The result: these amazing decadent chewy protein brownies Best served warm, with a hot cup of milk.
- 5 tbsp oil of choice I used avocado but coconut could work well too
- 1 tbsp milk of choice
- 2 eggs can be substituted with 2 flax eggs for vegan
- 150 g dark chocolate of choice I used Lindt 70%
- ½ cup coconut sugar or xylitol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 scoop chocolate/vanilla protein powder OR 3 tbsp coconut flour + 1 tbsp additional sweetener (coco sugar/xylitol)
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a brownie tin with baking paper.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate. Set aside.
- Beat together the sugar, milk, eggs and oil for roughly 1 min or so until well combined.
- Stir in the melted chocolate, as well as the rest of the ingredients (protein powder, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, vanilla)
- Pour batter into prepared tin, and decorate the top with optional chocolate chips.
- Bake for roughly 25-35 mins until slightly under done. Take out of oven and allow to cool, brownies should set while they cool.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!