Chewy Pumpkin Spice Cookies
With a cinnamon, salted nut butter. perfectly decadent.Nothing quite speaks the holiday spirit, like pumpkin spice seasoning. Probably my favourite way to enjoy it is in a chewy cookie! These are totally vegan, grain free and gluten free. Absolutely decadent, these are an absolute must for the festive season.
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup +2 tbsp honey OR pure maple syrup
- ¼ almond butter/ seed butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
OPTIONAL FILLING 3-4 tbsp nut butter of choice mixed with 2 tsp cinnamon, 2 tsp honey and a pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl ( EXCEPT for the optional filling ingredients).
- Line a cookie baking tray with baking paper and wet hands and roll mixture into small balls.
- Place them on the baking tray and flatten with a fork to make small cookies (roughly 2 cm each).
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for roughly 8- 10 mins, until slightly golden and slightly underdone.
- Set aside and allow to cool. The cookies should harden. In the meantime, combine all ingredients for the filling and once cookies have cooled, place filling in between cookies to sandwich them.
Set aside, and allow to cool. Cookies will slightly harden.
Store in an airtight container to preserve freshness
Cookies taste specifically tastier the next day, not too sure why- but strongly suggest leaving them for a few hours after making them!