Chickpea Fudgey Brownies
Serving 1 brownie: | Calories: 77 | Carbohydrates:9,5g | Protein: 1,8g | Fat 4g |
- 1 can chickpeas [244g drained chickpeas 400g net including brine: DONT throw the brine away]
- 1/2 cup Aquafaba ( Chickpea water from can) 150ml
- 1/3 cup cup oat flour (GF if desired) 30g
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder 20g
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar OR granulated sugar of choice 64g
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey 30g
- 3 tbsp oil of choice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 1/4-1/2 cup chocolate chips optional but recommend
- – Top each brownie with some macadamia
- -Add chocolate chips
- -Top each brownie with desiccated coconut
- – Top each brownie with crushed salted pretzels
- -Top each brownie with walnuts
- -Top each brownie with cashews
- Line a brownie pan and preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Place chickpea water and granulated sugar of choice and beat on high for roughly 5 mins until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients. Using a spatula, slowly mix in the egg mixture bit by bit into the dry mixture, combining well.
- Pour mixture into lined brownie pan and bake in the oven for 12-15 mins-brownie should be a little under but will firm up once cooled
- take out, allow to cool, cover and place in fridge to firm up (roughly 1-2 hours).
- Cut into brownie squares once firm & enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in fridge or freezer!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!