Chocolate Cake Thick Brownies
Calling on all chocolate cake lovers. So most of my brownies have a fudgey type of texture, but if you’re a cake kind of texture person – then these are so for you!There is noting better than a tasty delicious thick chocolate brownie. It’s been raining straight for the last two days, and have been loving these hot brownies with a cup of tea.
- 1/3 cup +3 tbsp coconut sugar OR granulated sugar of choice
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 2 eggs OR 2 flax eggs for vegan version
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tbsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup warm water with 1 tsp instant coffee dissolved in it
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips I used Lindt 70%
- 1/4 cup nuts of choice optional
- Combine all ingredients above well and mix with a spoon.
- Place batter into a lined brownie tin, try choosing a smaller one so your brownies can be thick.
- Bake at 180°C for roughly 25-30 mins, if you want a slightly gooey brownie bake until slightly underdone (the middle still jiggles when you take it out) then take it out to set.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!