Choc Chip Cookie Dough Baked Oats
Serving 1 baked oatmeal square: Calories: 133 | Carbohydrates: 17,5g | Protein: 5,3 g | Fat: 5,5g
- 2 cups (220g) rolled oats
- 1/4 (65g)cup peanut butter
- 1 cup 250ml almond milk
- 1/2 cup (100g) cooked chickpeas
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 1/2 (100g) cup granulated sweetener of choice I used erythritol
- 2-3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a baking dish (I used a brownie tin). You can also use mini oven proof bowls and make individual portions but you will need 12 of them.
- In a food processor or high speed blender, blend your chickpeas until smooth and forms a puree (you may need to add water)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix in all ingredients including your chickpea puree.
- Pour batter into your baking dish and place in the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes if using a brownie tin or until golden brown and cooked through. (if using mini oven proof bowls they take around 10-15 mins to cook)
- Recipe as is
- Use hazelnut butter as nut butter of choice
- sprinkle some toasted desiccated coconut over baked oats
- Use almond butter as nut butter of choice
- Top off oats with chocolate nut butter of choice once baked
- Add 1 tsp vanilla extract in addition to the one called for in the recipe