Cookie Dough Protein Bars
Think biting through hard chocolate on the outside, and creamy cookie dough on the inside.I gave up buying protein bars a while ago. Most taste like overpriced cardboard, and never satisfy my sweet tooth craving.These are absolutely perfect for making a big batch for the week and for quick on-the-go snacking!
- 1 can can chickpeas drained (250g)
- ½ cup peanut butter OR nut butter of choice. I made these also with hazelnut butter and they tasted like Nutella!
- ½ cup vanilla protein powder I used pea protein isolate, you could also use chocolate for a more chocolatey taste
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 4 tbsp milk of choice I used almond milk
- 4-5 tbsp maple syrup/honey depends how sweet you like it
- ⅛ tsp Stevia
- Handful chocolate chips or two
- 1 melted dark chocolate bar of choice to pour over as a coating
- In a high speed blender blend the chickpeas until it forms a smooth consistency.
- Stir in all the other ingredients and combine well with a spoon. It should form a dough like consistency, and you may have to add an extra tablespoon of milk or two if it looks too dry!
- Press with hands into a lined tin. If using the topping of chocolate, melt the chocolate in a double boiler and pour over the mixture in the lined tin.
- Place in fridge to firm overnight, or for a minimum of 3 hours before serving!