Double Chocolate Coconut Cookies
This is a completely GRAIN FREE recipe, and involves one of my favourite combinations: coconut and chocolate.There is nothing better than having a cookie jar filled to the brim with healthy alternatives. Every week, I make a variety of my healthy cookies and have them on standby for snacking. If you’re a coconut chocolate lover, I highly recommend these.
- 35 g toasted coconut
- ⅓ cup almonds
- 5 tbsp pure maple syrup OR keto maple syrup for low carb
- 2 tbsp oil of choice I used avocado oil
- 3 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 3-4 tbsp almond milk
- ½ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- handful chocolate chips I cut up some of a raw chocolate bar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place roasted coconut and almonds in a food processor or blender. Process until fine and forming a flour like consistency. Place in a bowl and stir in all the other ingredients mentioned above.
- Take a spoon and scoop out some of the dough onto a tray lined with baking paper.
- Press the dough down with a fork, forming a cookie shape. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Bake for roughly 8-10 mins. For a slightly chewy cookie, bake until slightly under. For a crisp and crunchy cookie, bake for the full 10 mins or until fully cooked through and hardened.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!