Double Chocolate Muffins
Hot muffins out the oven anyone?Sitting at my study desk, sometimes all I crave is a decadent chocolate muffin. There is something so comforting about them, and remind me of my childhood lunchbox that my mum used to pack me. This is a much healthier version, made with less sugar and oil than traditional versions. Great for on the go snacking, or for packing and taking to work! I strongly recommend adding the chocolate chips, as it makes them that much more decadent.
- 1 cup organic white spelt flour OR all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup coconut sugar/xylitol/granulated sugar of choice
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract/vanilla powder
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp coffee granules diluted in ½ cup hot water
- ½ cup milk of choice
- 3 tbsp oil of choice I used avocado
- ⅐ tsp pure stevia powder / 5 drops stevia OR an additional 2 tbsp granulated sugar of choice
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼-½ cup chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a muffin pan with oil/muffin cups.
- Sieve the first 5 ingredients into a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour the bowl with the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl and combine well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the muffin tray, and top with extra chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for roughly 10-15 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean!