Grain Free Brownies
Totally flour free, grain free, refined sugar free but totally fudgey and delicious!
- 1.5 cup nut OR seed butter of choice Hazelnut butter, Peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, tahini, sunbutter etc!!
- 2 eggs OR flax eggs
- 1/2 cup chocolate sweetened protein powder OR 1/4 cup cocoa powder with 1/4 cup honey/ maple syrup
- 1/4-1/2 cup chocolate chips
- OPTIONAL: An additional 3 tbsp honey/maple syrup depending on if you prefer it to be sweeter
- -Recipe as is but you may want to add an extra handful of chocolate chips 😉
- -Top with 1/4 cup pecans
- -Top with 2 sliced banans
- - Top with 1/4 cup coconut
- -Top with 1/4 cup almonds hazelnuts OR peanuts
- TO BE ADDED AFTER BROWNIES HAVE BEEN BAKED
- -For the frosting:
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp nut butter of choice I used hazelnut butter which was SO yum, but almond/ peanut / macadamia works well too
- 3.5 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp maple syrup/ honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients for brownie above in a bowl.
- Place mixture into a lined brownie tin, and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 12-15 mins until just underdone. Take out and allow to cool.
- Allow to sit for a minimum of 1/2 an hour so that they are able to cool down and firm up a little more
FOR THE FROSTING
- Warm the coconut oil in a pan on the stove and allow it to melt.
- Add in the nut butter and take off heat. Stir in the raw cocoa, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Pour glaze over brownies and leave to cool. Place in fridge and allow to set for a minimum of 2 hours
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!