Healthy Banana Bread
Nothing better than the scent of sweet roasted banana bread and cinnamon.One of my absolute favourite recipes, for that light & fluffy sweet banana bread. With hints of cinnamon. I love to have these as a great quick breakfast OTG option, or as a filling snack with some tea! Best served nice and toasted with a smear of almond butter( if you're feeling fancy) or enjoy as is!
- 2 cup oat flour pulse rolled oats in a food processor until fine (1 cup=250ml )
- 5 ripe medium bananas Mashed
- 6 Tbsp pure maple syrup OR honey
- 2 Tbsp oil of choice I used avocado oil
- 1/2 cup yoghurt of choice
- 1 Tbsp milk of choice i used almond
- 1 egg OR 1 chia egg 1 tbsp chia seeds mixed with 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract or powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Use apple sauce instead of yoghurt
- 1/4 cup cubed apple pieces
- Add 1/2 cup blueberries
PINEAPPLE & COCONUT
- Add 1/2 cup cubed pineapple
- Add 1/4 cup desiccated toasted coconut
- recipe as is!
- Add the rind of 2 lemons
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. In a high speed blender, blend the bananas until well blended and forms a liquid (if you don’t have a blender you can mash the bananas with a fork until finely mashed).
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and combine well with a spoon. Add extra ingredients for flavour of choice or keep it as is if you’re looking for a classic banana bread.
- Grease a loaf tin (or mini loaf tins) with some non-stick spray or some parchment paper.
- Place batter into prepared pan. If you’re using a loaf tin, bake for 30-35 mins or until a toothpick comes out clear. If using a mini loaf pan, bake for roughly 10-15 mins, until golden brown and tooth pick comes out clear.
- Let it cool completely and refrigerate in covered container overnight ( It gets sweeter the next day).
If wanting to freeze, store in an airtight container and can be frozen up to around a month.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!