Healthy Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies
Freshly baked cookies hot out the oven anyone? My whole house always smell of vanilla whenever I bake these.One of the easiest and quickest recipes to make! Excellent for taking to work for a healthy treat to dunk in your afternoon tea.Totally guilt free and absolutely nutritious!
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup oat flour you can make your own by placing oats in a high speed blender and blend until fine
- ¼ cup coconut sugar/xylitol/jaggery
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch Himalayan rock salt
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup/honey
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil/avocado oil this can be substituted with 3 tbsp milk for an oil free version
- 1 handful favorite chocolate chips or two
- Combine first six ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the egg white, maple syrup, almond butter and coconut oil.
- Mix wet into dry and combine very well.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture and press into your palm forming a cookie like shape.
- Place a square of chocolate in the middle and put more mixture over, covering the chocolate completely – forming a cookie shape. Place on baking paper and bake at 180°C for roughly 10-15 mins or until it has browned.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!