With valentines day around the corner, these are a thoughtful nutrient dense home-made gift for your loved one.
- 1/2 cup organic cocoa butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp raw cacao OR cocoa powder
- 2-4 tablespoons pure honey/ maple syrup depends how sweet you like it
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- A handful of fresh blueberries
- 3 Tbsp toasted desiccated coconut
- 6 Tbsp crushed roasted almonds
A HINT OF CHILLI
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 Tbsp crushed toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp himalayan sea salt
- In a double boiler melt the cocoa butter over medium heat. If you do not have a double boiler, you could melt it in the microwave.
- Whisk raw honey/maple syrup into the melted cocoa butter until combined well.
- Sift cocoa into a mixing bowl along with vanilla and cinnamon. Pour in the sweetened cocoa butter into the mixture and combine.
- Pour mixture into chocolate moulds, ice cube tray (you may have to spray it with oil spray prior), line muffin tins or on a flat baking sheet.
- Sprinkle desired flavouring mentioned above
- Place in fridge/ freezer to allow to set (takes around 10-15 mins depending on thickness of chocolate).
Store in an airtight container in fridge OR freezer.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!