Healthy Fudgey Protein Brownies
There is nothing better than sinking your teeth into chocolatey, rich fudgey chocolate brownies. Bake them for your Sunday meal prep, and keep them in the fridge as the healthy alternative for when that craving in the week hits! I have been having these as my tea time treat.
FOR THE BROWNIE
- 1/3 cup almond butter/nut butter of choice you can heat it up to make the texture more smooth and runny
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup/raw honey
- ⅓ cup oat flour I used GF
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract or powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp of coffee dissolved in 3 tbsp hot water
- 5 drops stevia OR an additional 2 tbsp maple syrup/honey
- 1 handful dark chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp chocolate protein powder of choice
FOR THE FROSTING
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp nut butter of choice I used hazelnut butter which was SO yum, but almond/peanut/macadamia works well too
- 3 ½ tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp maple syrup/honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients for brownie above in a bowl.
- Place mixture into a lined brownie tin, and bake at 180°C for 15-20 mins until just underdone (toothpick should NOT come out clear). Take out and allow to cool.
- In the mean time, warm the coconut oil in a pan on the stove and allow it to melt.
- Add in the nut butter and take off heat. Stir in the raw cocoa, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Pour glaze over brownies and leave to cool. Place in fridge and allow to set for a minimum of 3 hours!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!