Healthy Lemon Vanilla Baked Cheesecake
I am very fussy when it comes to a good baked cheese cake. For me, it has to be absolutely rich and creamy, with just the right amount of vanilla and lemon. This healthier version is so satisfying, and great alternative to heavy classic versions.These can also be made into squares (in a brownie tin) for convenient snacking. Makes around 12 squares at 107 calories per serving (without the base).
FOR THE CHEESECAKE
- 500 g smooth cottage cheese full cream or low fat
- 60 ml pouring cream
- 4 tbsp plain yoghurt
- ½ cup honey/maple syrup/granulated sugar of choice such as coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar of choice I used coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 orange zest
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 2 large free range organic eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
FOR THE JAM
- 350 g raspberries
- ½ cup coconut sugar OR maple syrup
- squeeze of lemon
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup water
- Pinch of vanilla powder optional
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius, Grease and line the bottom of a springform pan ( I used a 24cm cake tin)
- Combine the 1/2 cup honey and 1 tbsp granulated sugar, and cornflour in a bowl. Beat in the cottage cheese ( please make sure that it is SMOOTH cottage cheese not chunky) until creamy.
- Add the eggs and the yoghurt and cream. Beat until smooth and creamy. Stir in the vanilla extract, lemon juice and orange zest.
- Place mixture in the prepared tin, and bake for 30 mins until the top has browned a little.
- Leave in closed oven for a few mins( 5-10 mins) and then open oven door and allow cake to cool in oven for 30 mins ( to prevent it from cracking).
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours before serving!
FOR THE BASE
- You can use any base recipe you like, I made a simple one with almonds oats and honey. But this cheesecake could easily be made without a base!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!