Healthy Nut Butter Cups
Creamy peanut butter cups anyone? Freeze these and they taste like peanut butter ice cream!Have been having these as my mid morning snack! So incredibly tasty, and packed with healthy fats and protein.These can totally be made crustless, but I personally love the added crunch and flavour!
FOR THE BASE
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour I used GF but doesn’t have to be
- 2 tbsp oil of choice
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- 2 tbsp runny sweetener of choice honey, maple syrup, rice syrup 4 tbsp milk of choice (I used almond)
FOR THE FILLING
- 1 and 1/4 cup nut butter of choice I used peanut butter, but you could use almond, cashew etc
- 4 bananas
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3-4 tbsp pure maple syrup or honey can be substituted with 5-6 drops of liquid Stevia
- chocolate of choice! optional topping. I used Lindt 70% dark chocolate
- Combine all ingredients together for the base until it makes a dough.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop some of the mixture into a muffin tin tray lined with cupcake paper cups and press down forming a biscuit base in each muffin tin container.
- Place in oven and bake at 180°C for roughly 8 mins or until crisp. Take out and allow to cool.
- While the base is baking, in a food processor or high powdered blender place the banana inside and blender very well (until banana is like a thick liquid).
- Place the rest of ingredients in the food processor and combine very well.
- Scoop some of the filling mixture into each prepared cupcake paper cup on top of the prepared base.
- If having the chocolate topping, melt one large slab of chocolate of choice! I did this using a double boiler. Pour on top the nut butter cups.
- Allow to chill in the fridge until firm.
- If going to be eaten immediately, or if you want to keep them for the week these freeze very well and just take them out to thaw roughly 15 mins before you would like to eat them!
86 calories without the crust, 127 calories with the crust – per cup
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!