Fluffy pancakes anyone?Whats better than a Sunday morning with some hot fluffy pancakes, coffee in bed? This recipe is an absolute winner, with light fluffy pancakes. Best served warm, but also delicious to take to work and put in the toaster to reheat! Here are 6 of my favourite flavour combos!
PANCAKE BASE RECIPE
- 1 cup oat flour I make my own using rolled oats in a blender/food processor on high speed until it forms a flour like consistency
- 1/3 Protein powder of choice OR coconut flour
- 4 Tbsp greek yoghurt OR apple sauce
- 1 heaped tablespoon peanut butter/ nut butter of choice
- 2 Tbsp honey/ pure maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp milk of choice
- 1 Egg OR 1 ‘chia egg’ 1 tbsp chia seeds soaked in 3 tbsp water
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- OPTIONAL: 3-4 stevia drops for extra sweetness
- Add a handful or two of chocolate chips to the ‘base’ batter
- *Top with extra chocolate chips if desired
- Add 1 tsp cinnamon to the ‘base batter’
- Top with a squeeze of lemon sprinkle of cinnamon and coconut sugar
- Use coconut flour for the recipe INSTEAD of protein powder.
- Top with some desiccated coconut and honey!
- Use chocolate protein powder in the ‘base batter’ recipe.
- Add an extra 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Add an extra 2 tbsp milk of choice
- Add a handful of chocolate chips
- Add a handful of blueberries to the ‘base batter’ recipe
- Top pancakes off with fresh blueberries honey and optional ricotta.
- Add 1/2 chopped apple into small squares into the batter
- Add 1 tsp cinnamon to batter
- Top with fresh apples pecans and honey!
- Combine ingredients for ‘base recipe’ in a bowl, making modifications depending on what type of pancake you want.
- Using a non stick pan, line it with some oil spray/ place some oil in the pan.
- Turn heat to a low heat- as you want the pancake to cook evenly
- Place around 2 tbsp batter into pan and spread out evenly forming a pancake shape.
- Leave to cook for roughly 3 mins, or until bubble start to form. Then using a flat pancake flipper or fork, flip it over to the other side until cooked golden brown. Once cooked through place on a plate. *You may need to add more oil spray after each pancake is made
Best served hot, and i like to add toppings like pure maple syrup, cinnamon sugar (coco sugar), fresh fruit, chia jam etc.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!