Homemade Oil-Free Chocolate Chip Granola Clusters
Morning bowl of clusters of crunchy oats and granola anyone?Who else here just LOVES granola?? I used to think of traditional granola as a healthy breakfast option. It was only later that I found out that most granolas have more sugar added than a chocolate bar, packed with various syrups and are often drenched in oil and then baked. Additionally, most granolas are extremely caloric dense with a small serving being over 400 calories for some brands! This is a completely healthy version, that packs in the taste! So incredibly satisfying and best served with milk or yoghurt.
- 1 cup rolled oats I used GF
- 2 cup oat flour I used GF
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- ⅔ cups milk I used almond
- 2 tbsp milk OR 2 tbsp pure maple syrup/honey
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar or jaggery
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips OR raw cocoa nibs
- Stevia drops to taste OR another 3 tbsp coconut sugar. I added 7 drops but you may like it sweeter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with some baking paper.
- Mix all ingredients above and combine well with a spoon.
- Separate the mixture onto the baking paper on the treat, allowing it to have some clumps.
- Place in oven and bake for roughly 15 mins. After 15 mins, remove from the oven and separate the mixture into desired cluster sizes.
- Place back into the oven and allow it to bake for a further 35 mins or until golden and crispy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!