Homemade Protein Bars
1 Serving: 141 Calories | 6.8g Fat | 11.5g Carbs | 10.4g Protein
- 1 cup chocolate pea protein powder whey protein does not work as well, so pea protein is essential
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 6- tablespoons of honey
- 5 tablespoons of peanut butter/ nut butter of choice/seed butter
- 1-2 tablespoons of milk of choice as needed
- - add 1/4-1/2 cup chocolate chips
- -Top with 1/4 cup crushed almonds
- -Recipe as is
- -Top with zest of 2-3 oranges
- -Add 1/4-1/2 cups crushed walnuts
- -Top with 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- Line a brownie pan and preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Combine all ingredients above in a bowl, depending on the brand of protein powder used, you may need to add more or less milk. Mixture should form a dough, and not be too runny
- Press dough into the lined brown pan and bake for 8-10 mins. Bars should look slightly underdone.
- Take out and allow to cool, before slicing into desired shape.
- Store in an airtight container in fridge or freezer!