Low-calorie Cheesecake Ice-cream Bites
Serving 1 Cheesecake bite : Calories: 56 | Carbohydrates: 5,8g | Fiber: 0,5g | Total Sugars: 5g | Protein: 2,5g | Fat: 3g
- 70g Chocolate of choice
- 160g low-fat smooth plain cottage cheese If you only have access to chunky cottage cheese you can just blend it until smooth
- 2 tbsp plain low-fat yoghurt
- 5-6 drops stevia You can use any sweetener of choice. Honey works well too
You can add optional fillings such as strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, orange or lemon zest, or even grapes
- Using a double boiler or microwave, melt your chocolate of choice. If using a microwave, do it in 20 second intervals stirring in-between.
- Spray a 9 cube ice cube tray with a little cooking spray or you can use a silicone ice cube tray and you don’t need to spray it.
- Fill the ice cube tray with your melted chocolate, tilt the tray and keep rotating to make sure that the melted chocolate coats all sides of the tray evenly. A thin layer of chocolate should cover each cube in the tray.
- Place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes until chocolate has hardened.
- While the chocolate is setting, prepare the filling. Combine your smooth cottage cheese, yoghurt and stevia in a bowl.
- Take out ice cube tray and place (optional) fillings inside.
- Place the yoghurt-cottage cheese filling inside your chocolate coated ice cube tray.
- Once evenly spread out, place back in the freezer and freeze for a minimum of 4 hours
- Best served when left to defrost out of the fridge for a couple of minutes