Low Carb Protein Brownie Bars
1 Serving (base recipe): 46 Calories | 1.3g Fat | 2.2g Carbs | 7g Protein1 Serving (including 1/3 cup coconut sugar): 63 Calories | 1.3g Fat | 6.6g Carbs | 7g Protein
- 1 cup chocolate pea protein powder whey protein does not work as well, so pea protein is essential
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk of choice + an additional 4 tbsp
- 1/3 cup sweet potato puree
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Optional:1/3 cup sweetener of choice highly recommend if your protein powder is not sweet enough!!
- - After baking top with peanut butter as a topping
- -Add 1/4-1/3 cup chocolate chips
- -After baking top with chocolate flavoured PB
- -After baking top with chocolate flavoured almond butter
- -Top with my home-made caramel sauce. Recipe for caramel can be found in my twix bar recipe here
- -Top with 1/4 cup toasted sesames
- Line a brownie pan and preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Combine all ingredients above in a bowl, depending on the brand of protein powder used, you may need to add more or less milk. Mixture should form a dough, and not be too runny
- Press dough into the lined brownie pan and bake for 8-10 mins. Bars should look slightly underdone.
- Take out and allow to cool, before slicing into desired shape.
- Store in an airtight container in fridge or freezer!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!