No Bake Twix Bars
With chewy caramel!!1 Serving: 149 Calories | 10.7g Fat | 11.1g Carbs | 3.5g Protein
For the topping
- 100 g dark chocolate of choice
For the caramel
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- 7 tbsp maple syrup OR honey
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar OR granulated sugar of choice
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 Tbsp nut butter
For the base
- 2 cups oat flour I Make my own in a high speed blender, video demo on my instagram story highlights under DIY
- 4 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup nut/ seed butter of choice
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1-3 tbsp milk of choice as needed OR melted coconut oil
- -Use crunchy peanut butter wherever the recipe calls for nut butter
- -Sprinkle toasted coconut on-top of the chocolate layer
- -Add crushed salted pretzels on-top of chocolate layer
- -Add chopped hazelnuts to the chocolate layer
- -Add extra choc-chips on-top of the melted chocolate layer
- -Use almond butter wherever the recipe calls for nut butters
- line a brownie tin with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place all ingredients for the base in a bowl and combine well until a dough forms. When adding milk, add 1 tbsp first and mix well and see if a second/third tablespoon is needed. Mixture should form a firm dough, so take care not to add too much milk.
- Place dough in a lined brownie tin and refrigerate
- Place ingredients for the caramel (Except nut butter) in a saucepan and heat over a low-medium heat, allowing the coconut sugar to melt. Bring the mixture to boil while stirring constantly, when mixture begins to thicken, take off heat and stir in 1 tbsp nut butter.
- Pour caramel over the cookie base and place in freezer to firm up.
- In a double boiler or microwave melt chocolate, and set aside.
- Pour melted chocolate over the caramel cookie base, and place in freezer.
- One firm, slice into rectangular fingers and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in freezer
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!