Protein Crispy Bars
The best OTG snack for packing for lunch!1 Serving: 81 Calories | 3.8g Fat | 7.8g Carbs | 4.8g Protein
- 2 cups puffed brown or white rice
- 1/2 cup protein powder of choice
- 1/4 cup honey OR maple syrup
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp gelatine dissolved in 2 tbsp hot water optional
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- -Use peanut butter as the nut butter
- -Top with melted chocolate OR chocolate chips
- -Top with raisins
- -use almond butter
- -Top with crushed almonds
- -Top with some goji berries
- Top with some walnuts
- In a high speed blender blend the banana into a puree. Add gelatine dissolved in water and puree again.
- Pour the banana puree mixture into a bowl and combine with the honey, nut butter, vanilla & protein powder.
- Stir in puffed rice of choice, and add any desired additional toppings. Depending on the protein powder used, you may need to add a little more honey to get a sticky texture.
- Using a spatula, press mixture into a lined brownie pan. Cover and place in the refrigerator.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, then cut into squares and enjoy
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer