Healthy Chocolate Shortbread
The most decadent, creamy cashew bar with a decadent chocolate tipping.This is one of my boyfriends favourite recipes. Every week, he asks me to make them! They are just absolutely decadent, and have the perfect salty sweet combination.
FOR THE BASE
- 1½ cup cashews roasted and salted, you can use raw ones but then add 1/4 tsp salt
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 4 tbsp oil I used avocado oil but coconut oil works well too
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp is 100% pure maple syrup
FOR THE TOPPING
- ½ cup cashew butter or nut butter of choice
- Raw chocolate you can melt any chocolate bar and add coconut oil for a runny consistency, but I made my own by melted 100g raw cocoa paste, ¼ cup coco oil, pure vanilla extract and pure maple syrup
- Place cashews in a blender/coffee grinder and blend until it forms a fine flour consistency.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and mix all ingredients together (for the base).
- Place in a lined brownie tin, and bake at 180°c for 10-12 mins until golden on the edges. Set aside to cool.
- Place layer of nut butter on top of the base and place in freezer for 10 mins. Take out and place chocolate layer on top and place in fridge to allow to set for roughly 2 hours.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!