Soft Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft baked cookies with oozing chocolate centre anyone?To me, there is nothing better than hot soft baked cookies straight out the oven. Bake these and your whole house will smell of vanilla (overtime I bake them my neighbour can smell them and comes over and asks for a couple!)My best friend absolutely adores this recipe and makes it at least once a week for her cookie jar! Highly recommend these for your afternoon tea dunking!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup spelt flour OR gf flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup jaggery OR coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp honey OR maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 4 tbsp oil of choice I used avocado oil
- ⅓ cup milk of choice I used almond
- 1-2 handfuls of chocolate chips I used Lindt 70%
- ⅓ cup nuts of choice optional
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the sugar and the oil together. Slowly start to stir in the milk, honey and vanilla extract. Add in all the other ingredients above and combine well. If your mixture is still a bit dry, you may need to add 1-2 more tbsp milk.
- Place on a lined baking tray and press into desired sizes. If you want a hidden centre filling: Take a tablespoon of the mixture and press into your palm forming a cookie like shape. Place a square of chocolate in the middle and put more mixture over, covering the chocolate completely- forming a cookie shape.
- Bake for 10-12 mins, until perfectly golden on the outside.
Makes 12-15 cookies
Allow to cool, store in an airtight container to preserve freshness!
These freeze extremely well, allow to thaw for 20-30 mins before serving!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!