No Bake Chocolate Orange Protein Workout Bars
The ULTIMATE decadent protein bar, drawing on a classic combination of chocolate and orange. Absolutely decadent with no refined ingredients – these are an absolute MUST.You all know about my search for a tasty protein bar, that doesn’t resemble cardboard or have millions of ingredients that you can’t pronounce! My favourite pre-workout snack, I always find that it gives me SO much energy and sustained me throughout my workouts. Best snack to have when you don’t have much time. I have a big stash of them frozen in my freezer ready to be consumed whenever needed.
- 200 g almond flour
- 4 tbsp raw cocoa
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 6 pitted medjool dates soaked in 3 tbsp hot water
- 2 tbsp chocolate protein powder I use pea protein
- juice and zest of 2 oranges
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup OR honey
- chocolate chips and crushed nuts of choice optional
- In a food processor blend the dates and warm water until it forms a sticky smooth paste.
- Place all ingredients (except chocolate chips & crushed nuts) into the food processor and combine well (you can mix it in a bowl instead by hand).
- Stir in chocolate chips & crushed nuts if adding.
- Place mixture in a lined brownie tin, and add some extra orange zest on-top if desired.
- Store in freezer in an airtight container (NOT in fridge as the texture may be too soft), and allow to thaw for 5 mins before serving!
Makes 15-20 bars These do not keep well out of the fridge, and its advised to consumed them straight after they thaw. These are a great option for an at home snack, but if you would like something you can take with you I would suggest using my protein brownie recipe instead.